Saturday, June 4, 2016

In loving memory of my beloved grandfather, Mr. John Gooden, 97 years old






Love never dies: Yesterday, God called home my beloved granddad, Mr. John Henry Gooden, at the age of 97 years old. 

He lived a righteous life and always tried to do the right thing. "Your word is your bond" are words he always said and lived by. If he said he was going to do something, he would do it no matter what. I will always remember his words as I continue to strive to live up to his standards. 

He was such a strong and courageous person. It was evident by the way he fought through his recent illness. It was time for him to go home. He's at peace now and is no longer in pain. I find that comforting. 

I'd like to thank all my friends who reached out to him and send him birthday messages throughout his milestone birthdays. Thank you for your kindness & thoughts. He loved getting those messages. 

He was a good man and I will always love him. I will never forget what an example he was to us at living a good life. 

He always asked about my music and my singing.  He told me, "You must practice!" When he noticed I wasn't practicing.  He would hear me practicing when I lived above him years ago.

 I am so grateful that my uncle Paul captured him expressing how he wants to be remembered. He will definitely be remembered as the greatest man I've ever known! 

Rest now, granddad. I'm so happy you're at peace now. I miss you terribly and I'll always love you!


My grandfather's video inspired me to make my own video of how I'd like to be remembered for my life. Here are my thoughts, unfiltered and raw. How do you want to be remembered? I encourage you to share your thoughts with your family.




No comments:

Post a Comment