Saturday, June 25, 2016

A special thanks to all who attended Make Music New York 2016!

Beautiful Day: A special thanks to all who attended and supported my three performances for the 10th annual Make Music New York 2016 festival on Tuesday, June 21, 2016. It was such a wonderful day of great music and entertainment. I'm so honored to be one of the many hundreds of artists that provided free music to all New Yorkers on the first day of summer!

McKinley's Children's Garden (Jamaica, Queens):



My performance at McKinley's Children's Garden in Jamaica, Queens at 12 pm was so amazing. There were so many children from the area schools there. They were the most attentive and engaging audience ever! I warmed up the crowd with "If You're Happy & You Know It" and a game of Simon Says. The kids loved it.  Then I introduced the first artist, Noni before my 30 minute set. In my set, I performed my original songs, "The Gift," "The Freedom Song" and "Never, Ever Give Up." I ended the set with my Prince tribute, "Kiss."

I learned from the producer, Fareed that the kids really enjoyed it my performance! That was great to hear!


Jackie Robinson Park (Harlem):



My performance for the Bea Montgomery's Mothership Connection Show at Jackie Robinson Park in Harlem at 4 pm was so much fun! It was a shorter set because I had another gig a couple hours later, but I made sure that I left an impact!

 I opened with "I'm Going Down." Then I sang my original song, "Round and Round." I got a great response to my original song which was a huge compliment being that there was only a couple of people in the audience who knew me.  I always like to perform for different audiences because it's then that you know where you stand in terms of connecting with an audience. I finished the set with my Prince tribute, "Kiss." It was well received.

It was so great to see my friend, Roxanne Candy at the show! I appreciate all the love and support of my friends and fans. A few of the audience members told me they enjoyed my performance and it really was a great feeling, especially since they didn't know me.

Bea told me when she interviewed me for her Mothership Connection TV show a couple of weeks ago that she wanted to me work the crowd and to warm up the crowd.  I'm so happy I was able to deliver!

Mist in Harlem for Uptown Funk:



My performance at Mist in Harlem at 6 pm was so amazing! For this performance, I performed with my band, The Benita Charles Trio - featuring Peter Archer (guitar) and Cheo (percussion). We rocked the streets of Harlem at Mist for a high-energy set.

At the show, I performed my original songs, "Round and Round," "Never Let Me Go" and "The Freedom Song" among other favorites. They were well received by the audience. I also was happy to perform my special vocal Prince Tribute (a cappella) which led to Prince's "Kiss" with my band. The audience thoroughly enjoyed it! We had a blast with the audience, many who stayed for the entire show. Others would dance to the music or smile as they passed by! It was an awesome sight to see. In the end, we accomplished our goal to bring music and joy to the people of Harlem! It was so wonderful to see all the smiling faces in the audience, especially my beautiful cousin, Mone Bourne! She took a great shot of the band for us.

A very special thanks to my band, The Benita Charles Trio! It such a pleasure to work with Peter Archer (guitar) and Jose Rodriguez "Ceo" (Percussion)!! These gentlemen are a joy to work. Not only are they great musicians but they are dependable and highly professional! I appreciate their time, attention and talent.

The staff at Mist was great. The Marketing Director, Ashon was very helpful in getting us set up before the show. They posted a great video of us on their site and shared it on all their social media. It was awesome to get the promotion.


There was a celebrity photographer at the show, Khris Conner from NAM (National Association of Merchants) who was covering various performances for Make Music New York for Uptown Funk (venues in Harlem). He specifically wanted coverage of the performances at Mist. He said he came at 11 am but that performance was cancelled. It just so happened he came back during my show! Lucky for me!!
Here's the link to Kris' photos: http://www.gettyimages.ca/galleries/search?phrase=Benita+Charles&family=Editorial&sort= 






There was also a gentlemen from Germany, Atila Aksungur who took some wonderful pictures of the band.  He said he will send them to us next week when he returns home.

Overall, the day was so incredible! It was more than I could have imagined.  I met so many great people and provided great music to the world! I am so grateful for the gift of music. It touches lives and truly makes the world a better place!

Thanks to all who continues to support me and my music!! I love you from the bottom of my heart!

-- Much love,

Benita Charles Music

"Spreading love through music for your inspiration and entertainment!"

http://benitacharles.com


Make Music New York 2016: Benita Charles Music







No comments:

Post a Comment