Sunday, November 4, 2018

We rocked the NYC Marathon today!

Peter Archer and Benita Charles at NYC Marathon (49th and 4th) in Brooklyn


Today, Peter Archer, my guitarist and I rocked the crowd and the runners at the NYC Marathon at 49th and 4th in Brooklyn.

I performed a host of original music and favorite covers.  In addition, I was DJ Benita Charles Music, playing a variety of music including House, Disco, Rock and motivational songs for the runners, like Eye of the Tiger, Roar and Chariots of Fire.

I even did an extended version of my new single, Never Ever Give Up for the runners as they flowed down the street. It was unbelievable.

I loved our location, 49th and 4th Ave in Brooklyn. It wasn't over crowded and there was just enough people to keep the crowd motivated and support the runners.

It was so amazing to see the sea of runners filter down the street.  I was also inspired to see the handicapped people participate in the race.  I admire there strength and fortitude.

We had a great event coordinator, Dekker Dai.  He really took care of us and made sure all our needs were taken care of.  He even was kind enough to help me pack up when the show was over.  

Definitely looking forward to an even bigger show next year!!!


Dekker Dai,  Event Coordinator and Benita Charles









NYC Marathon 2018 








No comments:

Post a Comment