Sunday, March 5, 2017

Singing Tips by Benita Charles Music - My Audition Experience


 Benita Charles in New York City

 Singing Tips by Benita Charles Music - My Audition Experience

"You cannot wait for the perfect time, because there may be no such thing, sometimes you must dare to jump." -- From Law of Attraction on Twitter

"Do your best and God will do the rest." -- Benita Charles (divinely inspired) 

My Audition Experience

Today, we discussed my recent audition with an event band, Here's I learned from the experience.

I recently had an audition for an event band.  Auditioning is something you have to do in order to obtain paid singing work.

I worked on two new songs I had to learn and I refreshed on an oldie-but-goodie song (a total of 3 songs). I learned the songs, rented a rehearsal studio to practice and rehearsed the songs in my sleep.  However, I almost didn't go to the audition. I didn't feel like I was ready. I didn't like how my voice sounded in rehearsal. I was doubting myself and my abilities.

After going back and forth about going to the audition, I decided to go, despite my doubts and fears, for the experience.  Also, I had worked so hard and spent money on preparing, it would have been shameful to not at least try.

Even up until it was time for me to audition, I was having so much self-doubt, I almost walked out of the audition. I made myself stay.

I auditioned and the song went so well that I got a positive response from the producer of the audition as well as others in the room. It was so encouraging and it made me realize how important it is to always push through your fears and self-doubt and do it anyway. 

It was such a positive experience and I made great contacts. If I had've given into my self-doubts, I would not have gain such a valuable lesson.

I encourage you to push through your fears and pursue your dreams! If you do, you will amaze yourself!!

5 Key Take-Aways:
1) Do your best 
-- Do all the things within your control to prepare (learn the songs, rehearse & build your confidence)

God will do the rest.
-- Once you audition, let it go. It's out of your hands.

2) No matter what happens, see the process through to the end! (Never, ever give up)
-- Don't listen to the negative voice in your head that tells you to give up/don't try/don't show up and leave.

3) Don't focus on the outcome, just do your best and let it go.
-- Focus on the things you can do within your control (preparing for the audition and building your confidence).

4) Celebrate your success.
-- You have to acknowledge the hard work and success that you achieve.

5) Move on and prepare for the next opportunity.
-- You can't rest on your last success. You have to continuously work to keep your talent sharp for the next audition and opportunity.


Best wishes to you as you take your voice to the next level!


Much love,


Benita Charles Music

"Spreading love through music for your inspiration and entertainment!"
http://benitacharles.com

Blog: http://singingtipsbybcm.blogspot.com

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bcmsings/

Facebook Group: The Born To Sing Society
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BornToSingSociety/ 

Email: singingtips.bcm@gmail.com



Live on Periscope:




Live on Facebook:


No comments:

Post a Comment