Monday, September 28, 2015

10th annual Indie Soul Mixer at DROM and The Shrine a hugh success!


A special thanks to Mike Ashley and Dexter Myers for producing a successful and entertaining Indie Soul Mixer for the 10th anniversary on Sunday, September 27th!! The amount of talent and great souls in the room filled my spirit.

It is said there's strength in numbers and you should surround yourselves with like-minded people. This is what I experienced last night. If you didn't get encouragement to keep spreading your gifts and talents to the world from listening to all the great artists, I don't what you'd need.  Each artist brought his/her talent and unique way sharing their story and their music!  I absolutely loved it. My only regret is I couldn't stay and see each and every artist!

It was so great to see my friends: Dejavoux (Cheryl Alford and Crystal Alford), Brian Christopher, Gloria Ryann and her adorable son, Trillary Banks, Sydney Gabrielle, the lovely, Mika, Danny Brookings (great job on the DJ set), Paula Ralph Birkett, Mycah Chevalier, Charisa Dowe Rouse (Violin Diva), my friends from the A-Train Productions (Matthew Moody, Nikki Nicole, Ofnie Thee Ufo and many other talented artists from the group) and to all the other talented artists from around the world. You all are so awesome!  I'm so honored to be in the company of such amazing artists.  There's so much power in music and each and everyone of you brought it last night!! It makes me so proud to be a music maker.

A special thanks to my band, The Benita Charles Trio. Peter Archer (guitar) and Manny Montanez (percussion) for your continuous support of my project.  It's an honor to share the stage with you.  You really took my song, Never, Ever Give Up to another level! It was so much fun with you gentlemen as always!!

A special thanks to Mrs. Russia Montanez for your support and for taking the pictures and videos of our group.  It was so wonderful to have you there! I appreciate your help!!

To the staff at DROM, thanks for allowing us to share your space.  I appreciate the hospitality of the staff with getting me the tea I needed. They were awesome!

It was great evening. The power of music was in the room and every one bright their "A" game last night!! That's what you have to do because you never know who will see you or be inspired by your performance.

On Monday night, Sept 28th, the last event of the Indie Soul Mixer was the Rendezvous produced by Marko Nobles of RhythmandSoulRadio.com. It was so much fun.  It was great to see the lovely, Mika. I can't wait to see her on stage again. It was good to see Danny Brookings at the show. The Uptown Trio (the house band for the Rendezvous killed it!!) Mama Soul - the diva hostess did her thing at DROM and at The Shrine for the Rendezvous. She kept the show flowing.  The artists I saw were awesome. Cush I Kushanti, a reggae artist, was really great.  He had the crowd rocking.  I had the pleasure of meeting artist, Tai Allen after his soulful set. He worked it! I was able to stay for one song of the hip hop artist, LuQuantumleap Lab but unfortunately, I had to leave.  I was impressed with what I heard. He had so much energy! I thoroughly enjoyed all of the music. It was a fun evening!

To all the artist: Keep keeping on sharing your beautiful music to the world. Always remember: NEVER, EVER GIVE UP!

Much love,

Benita Charles Music

"Spreading love through music for your inspiration and entertainment!"

http://benitacharles.com

10th Annual Indie Soul Mixer 2015 at DROM - 9/27/15


Benita @ The Rendezvous at The Shrine - 9/28/15
The Benita Charles Trio @ DROM - 9/27/15 



No comments:

Post a Comment