Thursday, August 29, 2013

A very special thanks to all who attended my show at the Sugar Bar on August 28th!

Dear Friends:

Last night's performance at the Sugar Bar in NYC was truly amazing!  I'd like to thank all my fans who came out and all the new fans I met along the way. 

First, the band was incredible! John F. Adams was an amazing musical director. He took my show to another level. It was a pleasure working with him. Peter Archer, who normally plays acoustic guitar in my project, tore the bass up!! Eusebio Manuel Montanez took the percussion to another level on "Round & Round! Special guest drummer, Ms. Camille Gainer Jones sealed the deal and brought my project to the next level with her drumming skills!! She is true a professional. She made it look so easy. The lovely, Christi Gehrisch rocked the crowd with her original song, "Moonlit Hours!"

 My special dedication of "Out On A Limb" to Ms. Toni Seawright and the late, great Teen Marie was incredible. I felt Teena's spirit with me as I sang the song - unbelievable! Speaking of Toni, I'd like to thank her for the opportunity and inviting me to sing at the Sugar Bar. She is truly a gifted singer and it's been a pleasure knowing her!


Thank you to Frankie Calabro for taking the wonderful pictures of us. He really captured the magical moments of the evening. I really appreciate it.

A very special thank you to my cousin, Timica Boykin and her friends (Iesha Davis, Denn A B Alston and two other friends) who came all the way from Philadelphia to see me. I'm so overwhelmed by that, I don't know what to say! I definitely have to make a trip there. I've never been there before. I would love to perform there some day!

And finally, a special thanks to my fiance, Ed Holley for his support and being there for me. I love that man! He's truly the best!

It was such a great experience at the Sugar Bar. It's a great place to perform and it has a cool vibe. The audience was so attentive and I felt like they were right there with me on my musical experience. I'm so glad I did it.

Thanks again to everyone for a beautiful evening!!

Much love,

Benita Charles Music

"Spreading love through music for your inspiration and entertainment!"

benitacharles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment