Sunday, October 9, 2016

Singing Tips by Benita Charles - Tip #21

Benita Charles at Brookfield Place in NYC

 Singing Tips by Benita Charles Music - Tip #21: Write Your Own Songs (Your original music)

When I first moved to New York in 1996, I met a man named Chad Pilieri from an indie rock band called "All About Chad." He said something to me that I will always remember. He told me that I should write and record my own songs. Then, he gave me his CD, "Down In Front," released in 1995. At the time, I didn't know much about that aspect of the music business so I didn't do anything with his advice until years later.  Eventually, I released my own CD (Moments In Love: Volume 1) on my label Star Entertainment New York. Looking back I realize that his advice was invaluable! I still have his CD to this day.  Sadly, I learned his group disbanded.


All About Chad, the band (indie rock/alternative)

Indie pop quartet All About Chad featured guitarist Asif Chaudhri, singer Ben Reiser, bassist Chad Pilieri, and drummer Jason Schreiber. After the release of the "Chad's Very First Record" single on Jeezus Peezus Records in 1991, the Brooklyn band set out to record their debut full-length. This That & the Other Thing was released in 1989, and was followed by 1991's The Scouting Party. 1992 saw the unveiling of the quirky Jelly Slide EP. They continued in 1993 with the "Chad's Got an Earring" single on It's Only Pop Music Records. Big Pop Records released the band's swan song, Down in Front, in 1995. Recorded and produced by the band, the disc showcased the band's endearing brand of indie pop music. The group called it quits soon after, but not before an impressive appearance on March Records' stellar Pop American Style compilation in 1996 with the catchy "Japanese Couple in Reverse." ~ Stephen Cramer, Rovi



Moments In Love: Volume 1 by Benita Charles

 3 reasons you should write and record your own music:

1) Your original music is your contribution to the world.
  • It comprises of your thoughts, emotions, and experiences - your gift.
  • It is your message.

2) You have a responsibility as artist. People look up to artists as role models.
  • Your words can inspire, heal and tough the world
  •  Your words can also destroy, demean and degrade if you don't have the right intentions

3) You can sell your own music to your loyal fans at your shows and beyond
  • You can now sell your music directly to your fans with out a record label (middle man)
  •  You can build your fan base with your music
Best wishes to you as you take your voice to the next level!

-- Benita Charles Music

"Spreading love through music for your inspiration and entertainment!"

http://benitacharles.com




Brookfield Place (Winter Garden) Tour - New York


No comments:

Post a Comment