Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year's Resolutions 2016: Focus (Back to the Basics)!


Have you started your New Year's Resolutions for 2016?


New Year - New You: 6 Tips for Making a Great New Year's Resolution. http://huff.to/1Oz3aa6

This year I'm trying something different.  I teamed up with some close friends (accountability partners) and we wrote our resolutions this past weekend (before January 1st). This is a great thing because that means I'm working towards my goals before the start of the new year. This way, I'm already in motion towards my goals for the new year. We plan to check on each other during the course of the new year to track our progress.

I am believer in new year resolutions (goals) for the new year.  I feel they give you something to look forward to and to work towards during the year.  My problem with resolutions are I don't have them in a place where I can see them on a consistent bases and I often get off course during the course of the year. I find myself at the end of the year wondering what went wrong. To counter this, I've created a goal book where I've printed my goals out and I can refer back to them on a monthly basis.  I've also created a couple of vision boards that I can look at daily to remind me of my dreams and desires.

This year, I also joined the Activate Movement, lead by the chief Activator, Lucinda Cross. From the Activate Conference in Atlanta in September and vision board parties at the Circle of Sisters in October and the (place) above Grand Central Station, I noticed a huge improve in my life and perspective/outlook! It's so empowering to be around dynamic, movers/shakers, phenomenal woman who are striving for excellence and to help others. It is often said that you should surround yourself with great people and people who are doing better than you. I've found this to be very true. Every Activate event was a learning experience and a wealth of knowledge that is invaluable. They have definitely kept me focused. For more information about the Activate Movement, visit: http://lucindacross.com/.

That's my theme for 2016: Focus (Back to the Basics) - to stay on course and focused on my goals no matter what the distractions/interruptions.

I wish you much success, good health, love, happiness, wealth, prosperity, peace and joy throughout the new year 2016 and beyond!

Much Love,

Benita Charles

"Performing Diva spreading joy and empowering others!"


http://benitacharles.com


Highlights from the Activate Movement 2015



                           December 5th Activate Vision Board Party at luxe office building 
(top of Grand Central Station)




October 18th Activate Vision Board Party at Circle of Sisters


  


  September 18th - 20th Activate Conference in Atlanta


 

2015 Activate Conference 90s Networking Party in Atlanta


No comments:

Post a Comment